Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Asparagus In The Oven


Disclaimer: I can't cook, but I'm trying. Funny how since my last name used to be the same as some "famous cook," people think I should be great at it. I'm not – I struggle. And for your information, she is fictional!!!

 
I like easy, I demand it. Show me a recipe with more than 8 ingredients and I move on.
I also like fast – 10 minutes kind of fast!
Obviously it needs to taste good, and healthy is an added bonus.
This has it all…

Asparagus In The Oven:
 
WHAT YOU NEED:
Asparagus (The grocery store worker said the thinner the better… I’ve liked it each time so far)

Olive Oil (I used the super-yummy “Garlic Olive Oil” from: http://oilerie.com/)

Salt, Pepper, and Herbs of choice (I use Basil from the spice jar!)

 

DIRECTIONS:
1- Preheat oven to 425F

2- Snap the “hard” ends off of the Asparagus

3- Lay the asparagus out on a cookie sheet covered in tin-foil (easy clean-up).

4- Drizzle the olive oil over the asparagus, followed by the salt, pepper, and herbs.

5- Smear it all over with your hands (so it covers each asparagus evenly).

6- Bake for 10-12 minutes until tender.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment